It was a bad day for a good cricketer. Even though India secured a comfortable win over Sri Lanka in the first ODI yesterday, Rohit Sharma was run out in the fifth over when he lost his bat and did not ground his feet behind the crease. His bizarre run-out disappointed many fans. Here’s how it happened:
– Hardik Pandya fan (@PandyaFan) August 20, 2017
However, it also gave way to some hilarious reactions on Twitter, where people soon began to make memes on it. Here is how people of Twitter reacted to Rohit Sharma’s run-out:
– SAGAR (@sagarcasm) August 20, 2017
If lazy was a cricketer, it would be Rohit Sharma. #SLvIND
– Nikhil (@CricCrazyNIKS) August 20, 2017
– Sir Ravindra Jadeja (@SirJadejaaaa) August 20, 2017
Wife: Choose between me and cricket..
Rohit Sharma: pic.twitter.com/Tazt6VLK05
– Dolla Bill (@Trollsnpjs) August 20, 2017
Girl Friend: Hi
Rohit Sharma: Hi baby, I’m busy in match. Will call later.
GF: I’m alone at home.
– IMRAN KHAN (@imranmkkhan) August 20, 2017
Even Aakash Chopra had something to say about the unfortunate way in which Rohit Sharma was run out
– Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) August 20, 2017
In spite of the slow start, India secured an easy nine-wicket win over Sri Lanka in the opening ODI of the five-match series.
Click for more trending news