1. Omega-3 fatty acids: Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids like flaxseeds, walnuts and fatty fish are known to be good for your brain and its functions. They also help in countering inflammation.
2. Turmeric: Our good old haldi is a wonder spice. According to studies, people who consume turmeric on a regular basis have shown better brain performance than those who don’t. Use it in curries or dissolve some in your glass of milk and drink daily.
3. Green leafy vegetables: Rich in vitamin K and Folic acid that helps the brain function with ease, green leafy vegetables also helps boost memory and prevent dementia.
4. Berries: Berries are considered to be great brain superfoods. Researchers have found that blueberries help protect the brain from oxidative stress and may reduce the effects of Alzheimer’s or dementia.
5. Foods rich in Vitamin C: Vitamin C acts as a powerful antioxidant that helps in fighting disease-causing free radicals. Foods like red peppers, oranges, broccoli and strawberry are packed with Vitamin C and are known to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s.
While it’s hard to predict what really triggers Alzheimer’s, a good diet can certainly help in keeping your body and brain healthy.